Sunday, July 10, 2016

Grandpa Bill Unger packing sausage.  Click image to get a better look.

Sausage Making Through Time

It is now 10 years after our Century Farm party of 2006.  This blog has been hanging out unused for the past 10 years and I thought it would be fun to post a few pictures and thoughts.

Aunt Irene Unger and I dusted off the timeline created for the Century Farm Celebration, in preparation for an Unger family get together.  The timeline was in excellent condition (there was no dust).

One of the many excellent pictures we found was this picture of my Grandpa Bill wrapping sausage at the kitchen table.  It is particularly touching to me because I can imagine my own father in that exact same location, doing that exact same task in recent years, and throughout my life.  I am so pleased that the tradition of sausage making has endured and I have been able to share it with my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home